Posted by VMan on December 9, 2016
Off rip LUUDE’s new song “Sooo (VIP)” caught me off guard, but in the best way possible with it’s incredibly menacing soundscape. As it continues to evolve, it grew on me more thanks to the well placed vocal samples that are used as percussive instrumentation and once that sub kicks it this song goes to the next level in my book. While the production is very unorthodox, to me, their is still a feel-good pop flair to it at times and that’s what really resonated with me. LUUDE is a creative, forward-thinking producer who deserves more recognition and I’m calling it now in 2017 he’ll pop off because of quality music like “Sooo (VIP).” So check it out now above!
Posted by VMan on November 30, 2016
Kannibalen Records is looking to end the year strong. They’ve lined up something special for December, but we can’t quite get into that just yet. In the meantime, we’ll dive into their latest release, coming from non-roster producers La Musique D’Ordinateur and ZESKULLZ. Although they’re not specifically signed to the label, the imprint couldn’t pass up on their collaboration alongside emcee Mikey Ceaser on “Ravemachine.” This one is really cool because you can clearly hear the classic influences mixed in with brand new sounds that you wouldn’t have heard several years ago. The mix of EDM with hip-hop is also a nice touch, making this one a standout record. Stream it today and get your copy below.
La Musique D’Ordinateur & ZESKULLZ – Ravemachine Feat. Mikey Ceaser: Purchase on iTunes
Posted by VMan on November 22, 2016
The quality of bass music MA Music is dishing out is improving over time. Michael White’s new EP Never Look Back. Brings together several bass elements that aren’t the typical go around. MA Music is proving the are well aware of the trend and are seeking artists and music that fits. Never Look Back. is the well-put together blend of old and new styles, which is no wonder that MA locked him in.
Never Look Back pulls together bass house, party dubstep/trap hybrids, and an onslaught of heavy horns and grinding dubstep sounds to form the energetic experience that it is. Michael White has been picking up the pace this year; playing shows in Europe and climbing the ladder via intelligent collaborations. 2017 is looking good for this guy.
Posted by jewcebox on November 22, 2016
Callie Reiff made her first splash in the dance scene when she earned a nod from Skrillex on her insanely heavy bass mix for his NEST HQ platform. Unleashing a number of originals, a couple remixes, and a full-fledged EP on Fool’s Gold, the NYC native has also been rising on the live end supporting the likes of Big Gigantic, Jauz, Madeon, and even going back-to-back with Mija. To round out the year, Callie Reiff uploads a new mix that could be her most impressive and aggressive to date. Featuring flavorings from Sam Gellaitry, Bixel Boys, Space Laces, and more, Reiff also sneaks in multiple IDs from ATLiens, QUIX, and herself. Check the full mix above and download here.
01. RL Grime, What So Not, Skrillex – Waiting
02. GTA – Dhalsim Money
03. Bro Safari – Scumbag (Aero Chord Remix)
04. Baauer – Kung Fu ft Pusha T & Future (Promnite Remix)
05. Bok Nero – No Problems (QUIX Remix) [unreleased]
06. AVANCE – Yacht Yacht
07. Callie Reiff & Ronaissance – Tin Machine (ATLiens Remix) [unreleased]
08. Alison Wonderland X Getter & Adair X Havok Roth – U Don’t Thorns (Callie Reiff Edit)
09. Jay Z X Porter Robinson & Ekali – Higher / Fellow Feeling (Ekali MegaMash)
10. Flosstradamus – Roll up (Baauer Remix) [Infuze Re-Roll]
11. Footsie – Work All Day (G Jones Remix)
12. A TRIBE CALLED RED – Sila (feat Tanya Tagaq)
13. Callie Reiff – Shadow Dancing (Havok Roth Remix)
14. EMPYREAN TEARS – Rave Tool 41
15. Rustie – Big Catzzz (Porter Robinson Edit)
16. MssingNo – XE3 (Wheathin Turn)
17. Flume – Wall Fuck (william edit)
18. sam gellaitry – long distance
19. TWRK – Helicopter (STFU Remix)
20. Ta-ku & Wafia – Love Somebody (Mr Carmack Remix)
21. Bixel Boys – Ain’t Your Girl
22. Justin Martin – Ardalan Ft. Party Patty – Function VIP
23. Skepta – Numbers (feat. Pharrell Williams)
24. Dillon Francis & NGHTMRE – Need You (NOAHPLAUSE BOOTLEG)
25. Sir Mix A Lot, Skrillex, & Must Die! – Baby Got VIPs Back (Joey Illness Flip)
26. Basstrick – Ghost Buster
27. KANDY & Callie Reiff – Jawbreaker
28. Quadrant Beat feat. M.I.A – Bucky Done Gun
29. DISTRO – The Drum (feat. Dread Mc)
30. Flume – Say It feat. Tove Lo (Anna Lunoe Remix)
31. div/div – Shutdown
32. Excision X Space Laces – Throwin Elbows
33. Space Laces – Bugbass
34. Barely Alive x Twine – Smash!
35. Tucker Kreway – ID [unreleased]
36. Wuki – Make it Clap (feat. Dances With White Girls) [BUSTED by Herobust]
37. Awoltalk x Callie Reiff – ID [unreleased]
38. Debroka – Marathon
39. Beyonce, NGHTMRE, & SLANDER – 7-11 (J Espinosa Warning Bootleg)
40. Nonsens – Gotta
41. Kayzo – Born Again (Callie Reiff Remix) [unreleased]
Posted by jewcebox on November 14, 2016
If you’re feeling a little sluggish after the weekend, one of the three remixes of Callie Reiff’s “Shadow Dancing” are sure to perk you up. Courtesy of fellow bass newcomers Havok Roth, Lil Texas, and JSTJR, the remixes round out Reiff’s Shadow Dancing EP that A-Trak’s flagship imprint, Fool’s Gold, picked up earlier this fall. All three certainly fall into the bass category, but each is able to stand on its own and present a new way in which “Shadow Dancing” can be consumed. Watch out for any of these remixes.
Posted by VMan on November 8, 2016
For what they lack in vowels, Dutch producers JRND & VMK sure do make up for it in production. After opening with an anthemic guitar & horn section that reminds you of why you fell in love with Major Lazer in the first place, Make Dem takes a sharp turn deep into bass territory. Over some impossibly low 808’s, the quirky yet melodic percussion arouses your sonic curiosity, while the rhythm grabs you by the back of the neck and forcefully bangs your head in the air. Put your bass face on and press play.
Posted by VMan on November 4, 2016
Flybear is certainly making a name for himself, he’s inked a new deal with Big Beat Records to put out a EP under their White Label and has been racking in tons of plays online and support from some of the biggest producers out there, like Dillon Francis. His second release off the Night Hike is “Lies”. Another electronic stunner, “Lies” puts Flybear at the forefront of innovative electronic music. Enjoy it above and keep your eyes on this space for more music to come.