EDM Halloween in NYC
Posted by Middy on September 19, 2012
Halloween is a sacred time of year where the most debaucherous acts become commonplace and even encouraged. Since Halloween has fallen on a Wednesday this year (does it even matter), the invisible hand overseeing this has decided that all large scale festivities must take place the weekend before. Here we outline the dizzying amount of activities that are presented in front of you in the Big Apple, forcing you to choose between amazing and awesome, with more to come as the date approaches.
1. The headlining show of the weekend is the landing of Sensation in America, exalting a lineup that will make tech house fans jump or dance for joy. With Fedde Le Grand being the main guy on both nights, he is flanked by NYC legend Danny Tenaglia, Mark Night and more. Both nights are sold out, so if you want to pay 175+ for tickets, go for it, though it could get cheaper with some people may be dumping tickets upon seeing the lineup.
UPDATE: A few extra tickets have been released for each date, so get them now! Also Friday will be broadcasted live if you can’t get come and want to see the madness of Sensation. Get your tickets HERE.
Friday: Mr. White, Dennis Ferrer, Fedde Le Grand, Joris Voorn, Nic Fanciulli
Saturday: Mr. White, Danny Tenaglia, Fedde Le Grand, 2000 and One, Mark Knight
2. Refune is hosting “All Mixed Up” — two concerts at both Pier 94 and Nassau Colosseum, being dubbed the “Haunted Colosseum” on Saturday, October 27th. With Sebastian Ingrosso, Alesso & Otto Knows spinning, this is going to be one you want to consider strongly. Pier 94 tickets sold out in a few hours, but there are still tickers available for Nassau Colosseum. Get them HERE. More shows after the jump with the likes of Nero, Knife Party, Tommy Trash, RJD2 & more.
3. Hammerstein Ballroom in conjunction with Webster Hall will be hosting a great lineup on Saturday October 27th for their Halloween Meltdown. Nero will headline with Alana on vocals and will be flanked by Adventure Club, Fareoh, and Alex English. Ticket prices are a bit steep for this one comparatively, but this is a high demand night, so keep it in mind as you check your options. Get tickets HERE.
4. Friday October 26th, Pier 94 will be hosting their first party of the weekend and by no means is this a simple warmup act to All Mixed Up with Knife Party, Tommy Trash, Kill The Noise and more coming to town. RPM & Hard are bringing the Haunted House tour to Pier 94 with the aforementioned list of headliners as well as Style of Eye, Bauer and Destructo. This is a very well rounded lineup, with the emphasis on hard hitting electro beats that fits the dark feeling of Halloween. Get tickets HERE.
5. Rusko will be capping off the weekend (it won’t stop until Wednesday or the next Saturday) on Sunday the 28th at Pier 94 as part of his US fall tour. Not a bad way to keep on going on a Sunday Funday. Tickets go on sale Friday at noon HERE.
6. Also there is a party being thrown by Unicorn Meat in NYC on Saturday the 27th with RJD2 headlining the show “Illuminate”. While info about the venue is still not public, this should be a good change of pace for those who do not want to attend these other festival like shows.
7. On Halloween itself, Italian techno don, Marco Carola will be joined by fellow Italian, Leon, whom you may know for his productions with his brother Pirupa in playing at the swanky Italian restaurant on Wall Street, Cipriani. Marco Carola is know for his marathon sets and this night should be no different, as he will almost surely spin in the early morning. If you want a heavy does of techno, take Thursday off and dance the night away with Marco Carola and Leon. Get your tickets HERE.
8. On Friday October 26th at the high end Kiss & Fly down in the Meatpacking District, Psytrance legend Paul Oakenfold will be spinning bringing together the classic hits of his extensive discography and his more recent productions and releases on Perfecto Records. Get your tickets HERE.